Wawan Setiyo HartonoTax Managing Partner
Wawan has been recognized in 2 consecutive years as Tax Controversy Leader by World Tax 2021 and 2022 edition; He is also recognized as Transfer Pricing Expert by World TP on its 2021 edition.
Area of Expertise
Domestic and International Tax Advisory
Alternative Dispute Resolution
General Corporate Tax
Compliance Tax Management
Wawan assumed his duties as Vice Managing Partner on 2017. Prior, he was an officer in the Indonesian Directorate General of Taxes (DGT) with the last post in the Large Taxpayers Office Two (LTO 2) for nearly eight years and assigned to the transfer pricing taskforce of LTO 2 and Large Taxpayers Regional Office with the main tasks to assist the resolving transfer pricing cases during tax audits and objections.
Wawan was successfully advising multinational and local companies in structuring cross-border and domestic transactions, managing tax and customs risks, and selecting the most feasible tax and customs facilities. Most of the clients’ matters were arranged in the defensible structure avoiding disputes during examinations with cooperative negotiation with DGT and Customs Authority. In litigation, he successfully defended various types of controversies through nearly 200 hearings.
Wawan experiences in consulting a wide variety of cases involving sale and purchase of tangible products, transfer, and license of intangibles, transfer of services, and business restructuring with numerous success story:
- Planned and executed the strategies to resolve the continuous and significant adjustment made by the Indonesian Tax Authority in relation with the treatment of significant costs, whether they shall be expensed or capitalized for tax purpose, incurred by the mining company managing the biggest gold deposit in the world. One of the resolution strategies was to prepare a comprehensive study concerning the activities or events raising the costs covering whole treatment views including commercial, industry, mining engineering, legal, accounting, and tax. Next strategy was to assist the company in presenting the comprehensive study and resolving the continuous disputes with the Indonesian Tax Authority.
- Planned, advised and implemented the most appropriate tax facilities for the leading copper smelting and refining companies in Indonesia and for this purpose extensive and in-depth knowledge of the company’ business was of great importance. By the facility, the company not only can achieve the advancement in financial and production, but also gain the improved compliance level so as to prevent the future and continuous tax disputes with the Indonesian Tax Authority.
- Successfully challenged and resolved tax audit assessments in the objection stage, the dispute resolution forum before appeal to the tax court, that the leading copper smelting and refining company in Indonesia dealt with. The adjustments resolved comprised of the complex financial transaction and biggest adjustments continuously imposed and disputed during tax audit by DGT and the client i.e. hedge transactions.
- Represented the second biggest mining contractor in Indonesia during tax audits for several fiscal years and successfully prevented disputes arising from the most significant and complex issues in repair and maintenance costs, whereas most competitors in the industry already suffered and failed to resolve the issues during tax audits.
- Successfully represented the leading oil and gas multinational enterprises in challenging tax audit and objection results to the tax court, and the disputes resolved constituted tax treatment on participating interest transfer and denying deductibility of cost recoverable.
Online Tax Payment – As we approaching, the annual Individual Income Tax Report and annual Corporate Income Tax Report, we must be prepared to pay and report appropriately.January 31, 2023
The Indonesian government encourages the shift from the use of fuel-oil vehicles to electric vehicles. This policy was triggered by the high level of air pollution by motor vehicles. The result of a study by the Ministry of Transportation in 2020 shows that 60% of air pollution is contributed by vehicles on the highway.November 7, 2022
Leave your vote 0 Points Upvote DownvoteOctober 14, 2022
Andersen Global enters the Indonesian market with collaborating firm Soewito, Fajar & Partners, operating as TaxPrime, one of the largest tax firms in the country.October 19, 2021
If you’d like a free consultation, please start by completing the form:
What is TaxPrime ?
Indonesian Tax Consulting Firm established in 2012 by experienced professionals who have a common passion to create value-added for selected clients in their business operations